Bring FDA Tobacco Content to Your Website
By Michael Murray
FDA’s Center for Tobacco Products just launched a new service that allows you to easily add our web content to your site. The content blends into your site’s look and feel, giving your site visitors a seamless experience, while providing high-quality content you don’t have to create, update, or maintain.
FDA invested in content syndication to meet the growing demand for health-related web content. FDA benefits from syndication by reaching new audiences and increasing exposure to these important public health messages. The websites displaying FDA’s content gain free, high quality web content without losing visitors by linking to outside websites. Syndication is particularly attractive to organizations with limited resources, such as state and local health departments and non-profit or advocacy organizations.
What Content Can You Syndicate
With more than 40 web pages currently available, you can provide your website visitors with information on:
- The Tobacco Control Act
- Retailer education information and resources
- Guidance and regulations from FDA’s Center for Tobacco Products
- Tobacco packaging and advertising
- State and local tobacco resources
Why Syndicate FDA Tobacco Content?
There are many reasons to syndicate free tobacco content from FDA.gov, including:
- Access to high-quality content, increasing the value of your website with little time or effort on your part.
- Less time to develop, maintain, and update content on your site--let FDA do this for you.
- Instead of linking to FDA.gov, you can keep your web visitors on your Internet or Intranet sites and still provide them with useful, relevant, and timely tobacco information from FDA.gov.
How Do I Get Started?
There are several resources to get you started including a “Help” page and a Frequently Asked Questions page. These tools will guide you through the process from registration to syndication, and can answer most of your questions.
Visit http://tools.fda.gov to get started.
Browse the site and get familiar with the many ways to find content.
When you are ready, simply sign up, choose the content, and copy and paste our web code onto your website.
Michael Murray is a Health Communication Specialist. His full office location acronym is HHS/FDA/CTP/OHCE/DCNM
Learn more About Us.
- Add a link to Bring FDA Tobacco Content to Your Website to my browser Favorites
- Send a link to Bring FDA Tobacco Content to Your Website to someone by E-mail
- Share Bring FDA Tobacco Content to Your Website on Facebook
- Tweet about Bring FDA Tobacco Content to Your Website on Twitter
- Bookmark Bring FDA Tobacco Content to Your Website on Google
- Submit Bring FDA Tobacco Content to Your Website to Yahoo! Buzz
- Bookmark Bring FDA Tobacco Content to Your Website on Delicious
- Rank Bring FDA Tobacco Content to Your Website on Digg
- Find More places to share Bring FDA Tobacco Content to Your Website on AddThis.com…